Re: php as standalone?

Damn... you said those words "cross platform"..  But I'll still take this opportunity to plug Winbinder again.   If you're just working with a Windows platform, Winbinder has it all!    Fantastic interface, very self contained, just a great PHP standalone/app/etc extension all around.

Eh.. check it out anyway.  :)
http://www.hypervisual.com/winbinder/

-TG