Re: Special HTML characters question.

Did you try html_entity_decode?
http://us2.php.net/html_entity_decode

You may want to combine this with mysql_real_escape_string()...?

Jordan

On Aug 22, 2005, at 8:29 AM, Jay Paulson wrote:

I have a problem that I'm sure some of you have run into before, therefore I hope you all know of an easy solution. Some of my users are cutting and pasting text from Word into text fields that are being saved into a database then from that database being displayed on a web page. The problem occurs when some special characters are being used. Double quotes, single quotes, and other characters like accents etc have the special html code like &quote; etc replacing the special characters. What methods are being used to combat this issue? Is there a solution out there to run text through some sort of filter before submitting it to the database to look for these special characters and then replacing them?

Thanks for any help,
Jay