Re: php vulnerability

Shafiq Rehman wrote:
My server was hacked last week and the message displayed on home page was "spy kidz owns your server". I researched on internet and found that this is some kind of trojan which infects the *.index files. It penetrate from HTTP. Some paople were saying that there is vulnerability in PHP. Please help how can I protect my server from further attacks.

You need to provide more detail. Do you mean index.* files?

Have you looked in your server logs to see if they left any tracks?

What applications are running on your server? There have been some recent XMLRPC vulnerabilities affecting a large range of PHP applications. IMHO the vulnerability is much more likely to be in an application built in PHP than in PHP itself.

Do you run a firewall on your server? Which ports remain open?

Jasper