Re: support for database interaction

On Sat, August 20, 2005 11:58 pm, Fernando Garza wrote:
> I am creating a 'Shell' in prolog language that interacts with a
> 'Visual
> Prolog' database format in 'Win32', I would like to interact with this
> database with 'PHP', just like the interaction with 'MySQL' database,
> can
> you give me some notion or the code that need to be executed to get
> this
> done? for example in:
>
> 'mysql_connect'
>
> or
>
> 'mysql_create_db'
>
> what code is executed behind this functions?

The code in question can be found at:

http://cvs.php.net/

Or you can use anonymous CVS to get the bleeding-edge version of PHP
and develop a new module for Prolog.

> I think the functions to make this done should be execute a program
> with
> some function, passes values and receive values from the 'shell'

That would not be anything like the way MySQL works.

Though if you find it easier to do it that way, and can afford the
performance penalty of a shell execution on each query, go for it.  It
would probably be fine for low-volume and maybe even moderate volume
sites.  It would almost-for-sure fail miserably on a high-volume
server.

But if you're more interested in making it work today on your box than
making it work for everybody a year (or 2) from now, then that's maybe
the way to go.

--
Like Music?
http://l-i-e.com/artists.htm