Re: upload large files troubles

On Fri, August 19, 2005 5:47 am, curipin wrote:

> I have apache2 + php5. I need to upload large files.  I found out,
> that
> file is uploaded always. But:
> - if the file is less than 167 MB all is OK, then I tryed larger files
> -
> from 191 MB up, files are uploaded, but php script, which handle the
> operation is "like" not executed. I always get blank (clear) page
> (f.e.
> echo "hello"; does not work!), so I can not let users know, that
> upload
> finished OK.
> Here is part of my php.ini file:
> max_execution_time = 70000
> max_input_time = 70000
> memory_limit = 16M
> post_max_size = 900M
> upload_max_filesize = 900M
> default_socket_timeout = 80000
> ....I think, these are all interested parts in this problem.

I believe httpd.conf has a RequestBodyLimit or somesuch which is also
a factor.

It's also possible that the *BROWSER* is going to time-out for an
action that takes too long, whether it's still pushing data or not.

I have a HUGE distrust of web browsers, so will go out on a limb and say:

Web browsers are not reliable transport mechanisms for upload of
monster files. Use FTP.

That might be wrong, but that's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

If somebody else wants to claim that uploading 200MB files in a
browser is a Good Idea, go right ahead.

--
Like Music?
http://l-i-e.com/artists.htm