Re: Be careful! Look at what this spammer did.

Cilliè wrote:

----- Original Message ----- From: "Alex Gemmell" <agemmell@xxxxxxxxx>
To: <php-general@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, August 18, 2005 12:11 PM
Subject: Re:  Be careful! Look at what this spammer did.

Notice that their "hack" contains a BCC to "mhkoch321@xxxxxxx". Perhaps this is an email account set up by the "hacker".

sorry, i'm a bit in the dark here. how did they manage to fill in bcc ? you mean that someone can spam from your site by bcc'ing messages to other mail accounts ?

If you look at the "code" they inserted into my form it's all email headers. One of the headers is a BCC field. I don't actually think it worked (well, I hope it didn't) but you can see the hacker _intended_ to BCC the email to that AOL address.

Come to think of it the AOL address is probably not the hacker's email address but some poor sod who would have recieved a spam email supposedly from my domain.

Alex