Re: php 5.04 register_globals aint acting right.

On Wed, August 17, 2005 5:21 am, Jochem Maas wrote:
> Daniel Baughman wrote:
>> Its simply a Boolean to indicate whether or not a query should be
>> ran and
>> displayed, and further more its for a small intranet.

If it's that small a project/program, it should not be that tricky to
find the variable that needs to change from $foo to  $_POST['foo']

>> Register_globals is the directive I meant to say. But your right
>> about
>> globals.  Some applications haven't made that change yet... So
>
> stick this in a auto_prepend_file (or at the top of a global include:
>
> <?
> extract($_REQUEST);
> ?>
>
> crude, but not exactly a rewrite.

You might as well just turn register_globals "on"

Because this has ALL the problems of register_globals.

Only maybe slightly slower, since it's wrapped up in a PHP function call.

extract($_REQUEST) is like installing a deadbolt on your door, and
then leaving the key in it at all times.

--
Like Music?
http://l-i-e.com/artists.htm