True Upload Max Filesize

Does anybody have a function handy to calculate/compute the True
maximum upload filesize -- one that encompasses php.ini limits such as
upload_max_filesize and post_max_size, as well as httpd.conf
RequestBodyLimit, and maybe even takes an argument for the speed of
the network connection to multiply with max_input_time to predict for
the user EXACTLY how much they can upload before they start?

Ideally, you've already thought of any other factors in httpd.conf of
which I am unaware...

Is it still the case that altering upload_max_filesize in .htaccess or
the FORM will take the minimum of those values, rather than
over-riding?...

I guess I could test that last one by setting up a dev box just for
that purpose while not messing up all the other work happening on that
box...  Or uploading some monster file and waiting an hour or two for
it to finish...

PS Please Cc: me -- I'm WAY behind on my mailing list reading.

--
Like Music?
http://l-i-e.com/artists.htm