Re: 'God' has spoken... :-)

Sebastian wrote:

> Greg Donald wrote:
>
>> On 8/14/05, Sebastian <sebastian@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>

>>> now if they say php5 is 20% faster than php4 than i would upgrade
>>> overnight ;)
>>>

>> Who is 'they' ?  Go write a benchmark and see for yourself.
>>

> obviously coming from the developers..
> i guess im more or less wanting to know exactly where the php5
> performance gains are over php4, if any.
>
> sure i can do benchmarks, but again, would be nice to hear from the
> devs on certain performance gains as well as overall.

As Robert said, if you have heavy Object Oriented applications (properly
coded), PHP5 is likely to speed up your application, in some cases,
remarkably. It also gains in other cases, such as when using certain
template engines, where the cached templates are a lot faster, for
instance Flexy and Sigma, which I've found were lots faster on PHP5.

Regards,
Torgny