Re: 'God' has spoken... :-)

Rasmus Lerdorf wrote:

I don't really do Windows, but most of this will work on Windows as well
(I think).  You can find APC builds for Windows on http://snaps.php.net.
 But save yourself some headaches and grab a spare PC and install Linux
(I prefer Debian, but it is a hassle to install for newcomers, the
Ubuntu installer makes life easier), FreeBSD, or heck even the newly
available OpenSolaris-x86 (I need to do that soon so I can play with the
ultra-cool DTrace they have).

I have the spare machine - but finding time to set it up and and re-learn 15 year old unix is proving difficult :(

The main problem is windows runs Apache2/PHP5 out of the box, so I have not had to worry. The new version just goes on the 'eng' machine, and once I've had a few days clear operation all the other machines get switched.

I've had to drop a PHP4 back on as well because of the problems 4.4.0 has created with working legacy sites - *THAT* should have been killed at birth and the lessons should be passed on to PHP6. Lets not have THREE version of PHP on the go at once !!!!! Kill 4 before pushing 6 - but actually I see nothing in 6 that can't be properly added to 5 ?

--
Lester Caine