From: Jochem Maas [mailto:jochem@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Sun 14-Aug-2005 03:44
To: Bagus Nugroho
Subject: Re:  PHP without php.ini

Bagus Nugroho wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> As my previous mail about fail on PHP5-MySQL, then I removed all of php.ini (included -recomended and -dist).
> Then used phpinfo(), I found there is php still work and found and informed "Configuration File(php.ini) Path = C:\WINNT".

if there is no php.ini php defaults to whatever is the default for all settings.
and your on windows - php (IIRC) looks for a php.ini in the windows dir if it can't
find on elsewhere (sometimes it live there too)

> How can this be happenned?
> (I believe, this will answer why cannnot load MySQL extension problem on my Win2000)

possibly or php can't find the extension or it a case of that you need to be using the mysqli
extension (and load that) instead mysql.