Re: making checkbox's and radio buttons sticky

Ted Passey wrote:
thanks Jochem -

I am learning alot about arrays.....

I think this may be what i am looking for....

if (in_array('September 9th', $gmev)) it seems to work great...

is that $gmev being created automatically? if so you are
using register_globals - which is one step in the direction of the
dark side - for the love of <insert preferred god/icon/hero/etc> use
the element in the $_POST superglobal array instead i.e.

$_POST['gmev']

However...when you get one problem solved, another pops up...

not problems - challenges.

The checkboxes work as long as one is selected, but....
if the page is submitted without checking any boxes in the array..
you get the warning....

Warning: in_array(): Wrong datatype for second argument

it wants an array - your not giving it an array.

Any idea on how to resolve this?

how do you think it should be resolved? what about checking the variable
before blindly using it - time to find a way to check if a var is an array
(or even exists in the scope of the current code) ... there is a function
that does this - it's name is so selfevident that I'm not even going to name it

- seek and you shall find.

Thanks,

Zedleon

----- Original Message ----- From: "Jochem Maas" <jochem@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>