Re: String to Stream

Eric Gorr wrote:
This should be a fairly easy question for someone who already knows the answer...

What I would like to be able to do is take a string and place it into a 'resource' so I can use functons like fscanf, fseek to process the string.

Is this possible? If so, how?

http://php.net/manual/en/function.stream-wrapper-register.php is as close as it gets
I think. - total overkill for manipulating strings IMHO - (me thinks there is atleast
one other in agreement) - there is a reason php has all those built in string functions :-)

p.s. While I would be interested in possible alternative solutions, I would like to know how to accomplish this task even if it does not end up being the solution I use.