Re: To count number of visits to a particular wesite using login-id and password

At 08:41 AM 8/5/2005, suma parakala wrote:
Hi
I am new web application development. Can anyone tell me how can I trace how many times mywebsite has been viewed by one particular login and password using postgresql database and php
Thanks
Suma

Since you are presumably authenticating against a user table in the database, add a login_count field and increment it when the user logs in. That will track all your users. Then execute a query to fetch the data for a particular user. Hint SELECT COUNT() ...

If you want a profile of activity, add a separate table with timestamp, and user_id fields, the user_id having user.user_id as its foreign key. For each login, insert a record in this table, and as it's PostgreSQL you can set a trigger to automatically write the timestamp. Now you can track your usage profile by users, time of day, user and time of day .... fun isn't it?

Regards - Miles Thompson