Re: Is gethostbyaddr() slow?

Dotan Cohen wrote:
Hi all, I just discovered the gethostbyaddr() function. By reading the
user contributed notes, I get the impression that either this function
may cause performance problems, or a user-contributed function based
upon it may be slow. So, is gethostbyaddr() slow? Is it dangerous?

I'm guessing that the speed is very much dependent on the speed of the
underlying dns query mechanism - so probably yes, it's relatively slow.
and not something you want to be doing many times within a single request.

probably someone will now declare me a retard  ;-)

Thanks!

Dotan Cohen
http://lyricslist.com/lyrics/artist_albums/56/bangles.php
The Bangles Song Lyrics