Re: very simple, yet can't think how.

>From my understanding of what you are trying to do you have templates,
perhaps, setup for your users that get customized with each individuals
data.  In that case what you will require to do is first off

1. create a folder for user underneath the corresponding location you want
the user setup, so if
-web address: www.mydomain.com    physical location: c:\mydomain\
-web address: www.mydomain.com/Joe/ physical location: c:\mydomain\Joe\

2. insert user data into templates
3. copy the template files over to the new folder location for user, so if
the user has a contactus.php
-web address: www.mydomain.com/Joe/contactus.php    physical location:
c:\mydomain\Joe\contactus.php

I'm pretty sure this is probably overkill for what you were looking for.
Hope it helps..

-sonu

ps-  You will need to look up directory and file manipulation functions.
They are simple...