very simple, yet can't think how.

Hi everyone,

 Sorry for the n00bie question but I've been racking my brain,  searching
Google and yes, I have been "RTFM" for over 6 months :-)

All I'm trying to do is set up a "User system" that allows a member to
create their own personal site using an auto_increment type system? This is my
problem...

I've been trying to look through other code trying to figure out where and
how they do it - but for some reason I can't figure out how to Dynamically
create something like this:

User Joe comes in and creates an account... when he creates his account he
can give his site a TITLE, DESCRIPTION, ABOUT US INFO (say /aboutus.php),
CONTACT (./contactus.php), etc. after he clicks "Submit" the system  automatically
creates a site such as _http://mydomain.com/0/joe/ _
(http://mydomain.com/0/joe/ )   ,   Bob does the same thing and his is _http://mydomain.com/0/bob_
(http://mydomain.com/0/bob)

I'm sure most of you know how this is done or you've seen it on sites such
as Soundclick.com (although it's CF) - I've been checking out Jamroom to see if
 I could figure it out there- but kinda got lost lol... I want to use PHP,
Smarty  and MySQL to do this - but I'm missing something... I'm not asking
anybody to  build this - I'm looking for a little guidance, tips, etc. - that's all.

Would this be done through auto_increment in MySQL or something?

Thanks everyone :-)