Re: php script calling another one (on different machine), session variables

Rory Browne wrote:

If you don't have admin access to your boxes, then you could write a
session handler on one of the systems to dl the necessary sesssion
info on demand. For more info see

purely out of interest, see what? :-)

Sorry - but I thought someone of your experience Jochem would know :)

experience? me? only the bad kind ;-)

See: http://www.php.net/manual/en/function.session-set-save-handler.php

ah, righty ho. that does look familiar - I just assumed that you were pointing
to some resource/article elsewhere than php.net - didn't cross my mind that you might
just have been pointing to OP to the most natural place to start reading about sessions
(or anything php for that matter) - which is why I asked, you never you when you can learn
something new! :-)

that said I have always been satisfied with the default session handler (and given that
(nearly) all my work is published either on my 'own' server (not really mine but I have
full control and there are no 'anon' 3rd party running stuff) or on dedicated servers belonging
to clients I don't have to worry about all the potential security risks involved with (badly setup?)
shared hosting environments. for that reason (and lack of time) I have never really dived deep
into to the possibilities of custom session handlers (I have used some 3rd party code once that
used a mysql DB to store the session data which was a quite simple affair - such a setup would
allow sharing of sessions accross various boxes.... asumming a shared base domain)

rgds,
jochem