Re: php script calling another one (on different machine), session variables

Rory Browne wrote:
On 8/1/05, James <jtu@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Do the two machines share a common domain name? are your machines for
example boxa.commondomain.com and boxb.commondomain.com if so then you
can have the cookies(which hold the session tracking number) operate
at the commondomain.com level. All you have to do then is configure
one machine to get session files from the other.

Otherwise you can use session.use_trans_sid and add the SID to the url
when you header("Location")

In windows you could do this by setting up a share containing the
session files, and modding your php.ini file to reflect that the
session info is stored in this file.

If you don't have admin access to your boxes, then you could write a
session handler on one of the systems to dl the necessary sesssion
info on demand. For more info see

purely out of interest, see what? :-)

Having that said, it seems to be a fairly common requirement - so
there may be a cleaner solution to the one I have outlined here. I've
just never needed it  - so therefore I've never come across it.

--
-James