Translating english into amglish

Hi All,

I'm based in Australia but my blog is predominantly read by Americans. I'm
wondering if anyone knows of a class that will translate Australian / UK /
Canadian / Whathaveyou English spellings into their American English
equivalents?

In other words, a class that will take a string with spellings such as "The
colour of my neighbour's car, I recently realised, isn't grey after all" and
will return "The color of my neighbor's car, I recently realized, isn't gray
after all", and so on.

Given time I'm sure I could work out many of the transformation rules
myself, and implement them via regular expressions, but why reinvent the
wheel if someone has already done so?

Much warmth,

Murray

---