Re: Question about apache-php concurrent process control

Thank you Rouvas,

I never used the tools you mentioned. But I will definitely give them a try. I wrote a perl script using LWP as an http user agent. and the timing function you suggested. It works well.

I am new to this forum, and new to PHP. It seems Rasmus is famous, and I should have shown my respect.

Thanks again all of you for your kindly help.

Hi Liang,

trying to get conclusive results with browsers is futile. Use a command-line tool (like curl) to invoke the web pages and get the results. Or you can use
PHP's own function to query the web server and do your own timing with
microtime() function or another suitable for your purposes.

In order for flush() results to reach you (in a browser) they have to pass
from multiple caches like PHP's, Apache's, the occasional proxies and finally the browser's own cache. So you cannot get dependaple results measuring times
or responses from your browser. Try the methods above.

And a final tip... When Rasmus speaks, you don't question him:-) Period.

Have a nice day,
-Stathis