Getting server information

I am working on a script which will open a remote PHP file (located on one
of my other website servers) and collect information that gets outputted
from the remote file.  I have it working now by using the fopen() function
to open the file on the remote webserver.  I am just wondering if it is
possible to collect information and log the info with code in the remote
file.  I basically want to keep a log of all domains/servers/ip addresses
that are accessing this remote file and store it in a database on the remote
files server.  Is it possible that when the "guest" script uses the fopen()
function to access the PHP file, that when the remote PHP file gets executed
it can log some information about the source server which is accessing it?
If so, what kind of code would I need to place in the remote PHP file to
obtain some of the information.

Thanks,

Matt Palermo
http://sweetphp.com