404 error - why???!!

Ok, I thought I had installed PHP correctly on my Win2003 server, using
ISAPI.  I added the extension, and mapped it to the php4isapi.dll file,
added a path to my /php folder in Win2003, edited my php.ini file which
I copied to my /windows/system32 folder.

In IIS, I made sure that the application extension for .php was added,
also pointing to the php4isap.dll file, and in the documents, added the
index.php file, moved it to the top of the list.

So, after all that, why am I still getting 404- file not found errors.
This is on a IE browse that is running on the same machine as IIS/PHP!

Any help is appreciated, this is getting very frustrating.

Thanks,
Steve