Re: zlib.output_compression

Yes, I tried setting it to 1 and also "on" and 4096 /*buffer size*/, but the same result.
phpinfo() says, that zlib.output_compression=on, but page is not compressed.

I have checked source code of php, but I am not able to find, why it does not work ? Can any one explain, why is possible set zlib.output_compression from On /*in php.ini*/ to Off /*using ini_set()*/, but not from Off to On ?

Thanks
LacaK.

Mikey wrote:
LacaK wrote:

Thanks for reply,

In documentation is stated, than "zlib.output_compression" is changeable at PHP_INI_ALL. If there is no possibility to change it in script, why it is not PHP_INI_SYSTEM|PHP_INI_PERDIR ?

And at second :
When I set "zlib.output_compression=on" in php.ini, then I CAN turn it off in script using ini_set('zlib.output_compression', false); /*this works !*/ Why does not work ini_set('zlib.output_compression', true); ? /*this is a first line in script, so no output is already send*/

BUG No. is 33653 http://bugs.php.net/bug.php?id=33653 ,
 but sniper@xxxxxxx market is as Bogus

I still think, that it does not work as expected.
LacaK.

Jasper Bryant-Greene wrote:

LacaK wrote:

Yes, my browser send "Accept-Encoding: gzip,deflate"
When I alter : "zlib.output_compression=on" in php.ini it works fine !
Only runtime alter : ini_set('zlib.output_compression', true); does not work !?
LacaK.

I'm pretty sure this behaviour is by design -- it doesn't make sense to allow setting it at runtime as some output could already have been made. Be interesting to see what the bug report digs up, though -- can we have a link?

Jasper

Just my 2 cents worth but have you tried setting it to 1 rather than true? I know that that is the format you need to use in .htaccess files, maybe it is the same for ini_set?

HTH,

Mikey