RE: Two websites need to share part ofonedatabase,suggestions please

Robert Cummings <mailto:robert@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
    on Tuesday, July 12, 2005 11:47 AM said:

> Sorry to respond so late, my free time these days is sporadic :)

No problem.

> My example suggested one database to host all products for both sites.
> The bitmask is used as a filter to determine which sites can access
> the product information. In this way you keep your products
> centralized while providing easy access for either site 1 or site 2
> customers.

Oh I see. And I guess the same technique would be applied to the other
tables like 'customers', 'coupons', 'orders', etc.

> I also mentioned when I first suggested it, and as another response
> mentioned, that you could go with a separate table that provides site
> to product relationships and that would be scalable to many more
> sites.

I think I'm going to do something like this.

Thanks,
Chris.