Re: Number of users

<YaronKh@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:1D574345A853464CA188123E2B2CE54821C2D5@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hello all,

I have some questions and I hope someone could answer them

1.       Is there a way to find out how many users currently browsing pages
at my web site?

2.       If I write down the IP of a user that log on my web site, can I
check later if the IP still browsing pages at my web site or if he had left
my website?

There are various ways to achieve this.  You could use session variables,
cookies or store the information in a database and pass the lookup value
around in a querystring. Which you choose will depend a little on how robust
you want it to be, and how your website is set up. You should probably start
off by reading up on sessions - there is plenty to dip into here:

http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=php+session&sourceid=mozilla-search&start=0
&start=0&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-GB:official