Re: constructors in PHP

On Mon, July 11, 2005 9:53 am, Psystorm said:
> Burhan Khalid wrote:
>
>> Alessandro Rosa wrote:
>>
>>> Thanks to all for clear responses!
>>>
>>> So just a question now, why have not multiple constructors been
>>> implemented?
>>> Are there some security issues related to them ?
>>

>> As far as I know, its not a security issue, but a structure/design
>> issue.
>
> The issue is that in php you can't definitely say what type a variable
> is , whereas in c++ you can say this variable is a string, this one a
> int, ?.

That's guaranteed not the issue -- unless the performance would suck too
badly...

Lisp has loosely-typed data, and had multiple constructors lonnnnnnnng
before C++ was a gleam in Strousap's (sp?) eye.

The real issue, most likely, is not making PHP so [bleep] complex nobody
normal wants to use it :-)

--
Like Music?
http://l-i-e.com/artists.htm