Re: Apache 1.3x/PHP 5.0.3 404 error handler & posted data...

Raymond C. Rodgers wrote:
> On Sat, 2005-07-09 at 02:04 -0700, Rasmus Lerdorf wrote:
>>No, you can't do what you are trying to do the way you are trying to do
>>it.  Apache changes the original POST to a GET request on the internal
>>errordocument redirect so PHP can't get at the original posted data.
>>Well, it probably could with some hacking, but the web server has
>>specifically told us that this is not a POST request anymore, so we
>>respect that.
>
> Thanks for the information. I would have thought the information would
> still be available some where, some how, since $_SERVER provides a great
> deal of information about the redirected request. (Such as the
> REDIRECT_REQUEST_METHOD, REDIRECT_QUERY_STRING, etc. indexes.) Oh well,
> live and learn. :-)

Yeah, you would think so.  But keep in mind that all of those are
provided by the web server.  It's not PHP doing it.  We tend to try to
play by the rules of the web server we are running under.  Not doing so
tends to get us into all sorts of trouble.

-Rasmus