Re: Problem serializing a mysqli_result object.

Richard Lynch wrote:

>On Thu, July 7, 2005 12:53 pm, Bjarke Freund-Hansen said:
>

>>>You can't serialize resource objects. Try:
>>>
>>>serialize($res->fetch_assoc());
>>>

>>I know I can serialize the array fetch_assoc returns, but I really need to
>>serialize a mysqli_result, so I can feed it to any function expecting a
>>mysqli_result.
>>

>The connection simply WILL NOT survive the ending of a PHP script.
>
>Period.

But I'm not trying to keep the connection, I don't care about the
connection. What I want to serialize is the object returned from
mysqli->query().

>If you want to hack the PHP source to try to change that, go for it...

I've gone so far as to rewrite the mysqli_result class (in PHP), and
parse the object returned from mysqli->query() to my own class, and
serialize that one. Which I guess will work. But is that really the
easiest way?

--
Bjarke Freund-Hansen  <bjarke@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>