RE: iCalendar creation not working with Outlook

> *IS* it a Lunar based event, rather than Gregorian?...

Honestly, I don't even know what the difference is. All I know is I want an
event to appear on the date/time I gave it. I believe that error message is
NOT the true problem (google searches all point to "\n" being the culprit)

> > It works fine in KOrganizer (KDE), Entorage (Mac OS-X),
> > iCal. I couldn't figure out how to get Evolution to use it.
>
> What works fine?
>
> The event?

Yes. If someone using KDE clicks on the link, it puts an entry in their
KOrganizer. If someone with Entourage clicks, it goes to iCalendar. And
since my post, a friend that uses Evolution, clicked, saved the .ics file,
and imported it into Evolution via their import wizard (Evolution apparently
isn't smart enough to directly import via the web).

> Are you suggesting that Outlook might not have implemented the full
> specification, and has some hokey hacked-up crap instead?
> Say it's not true!
> [that was sarcasm, in case you missed it...]

Yeah. I get the sarcasm. Unfortunately, that's not helping. 90% of the world
uses Outlook.

> > I find tons of people complaining on Google about this
> error message, but
> > no
> > real solution but to use "\n" -- which I have done I think.
> I have even
> > commented out the DESCRIPTION field, and that didn't help.
> >
> > Does anyone have a real working example, class, snippet,
> whatever for an
> > iCalendar generator that works in Outlook?

> Dump out a working Outlook iCalendar item/entry/object thingie.
> Get the output from your code.
> Where are they different?

Yes. I supposed that is the next step. I just thought there might exist a
class or snippet out there that actually works. I mean, you'd think that
this was a pretty common task, yet the PEAR site has nothing! And I found
one tutorial, which obviously is outdated and therefore slightly broken.