Re: PHP+Oracle or PL/SQL Web Application - which one is efficient?

On Mon, July 4, 2005 6:36 am, Rasim SEN said:
> I need an advice about  PHP+Oracle or PL/SQL Web Application.
>
> We are using at the moment  PL/SQL Web Application for our all pages. But
> some of my friends says that php+oracle more effiecient than pl/sql.
>
> Does anybody have exprience or statistical data about this. Or how can we
> compare them?

You should probably Google for "benchmark Oracle PL/SQL" and see what
turns up.

Odds are really good somebody has made a comparison before...

Of course, you have to be REALLY careful that the comparison was made by a
relatively unbiased entity, that they are using the same versions of the
software as you, that they used similar hardware, that their needs/usage
are similar, that...

Hmmm.  Maybe you'd be better off just testing it for yourself. :-^

I have no doubt that some benchmark can "prove" Oracle is faster/slower
than PL/SQL. I also have no doubt that *SOME* benchmark can "prove" MS
Access is faster than Oracle. :-v

So unless Google turns up a BUNCH of benchmarks and they ALL say X is
better, you're gonna need to test for yourself.

--
Like Music?
http://l-i-e.com/artists.htm