Re: Help a Norwegian student!

Hello Bjørn-Erik,

Sunday, July 3, 2005, 1:09:29 PM, you wrote:

BED> for "can not start the myswli extension,
BED> please check the PHP-configuration" A link follows to:
BED> http://localhost/phpMyAdmin/Documentation.html#faqmysql
->> "[1.20] I receive the error "cannot load MySQL extension, please
BED> check PHP Configuration".
BED> To connect to a MySQL server, PHP needs a set of MySQL functions called
BED> "MySQL extension". This extension may be
BED> part of the PHP distribution (compiled-in), otherwise it needs to be
BED> loaded dynamically. Its name is probably
BED> mysql.so or php_mysql.dll. phpMyAdmin tried to load the extension but
BED> failed.

Is this on a Windows? If so I assume you have installed a version of
PHP 5, because PHP 4 on Windows comes with MySQL support enabled as
default. For PHP 5 you need to check the php.ini file, the
php_mysql.dll extension is _not_ present in the extensions list as
standard and needs adding. If phpMyAdmin can use it (which I suspect
it can) you could also check to ensure the php_mysqli.dll extension
line is un-commented. Save your new ini file, restart Apache and see
what happens.

If you're on a flavour of Unix, wait for someone else to reply to your
message ;)

Best regards,

Richard Davey
--
 http://www.launchcode.co.uk - PHP Development Services
 "I do not fear computers. I fear the lack of them." - Isaac Asimov