Re: PHP Magazine

On Fri, July 1, 2005 6:36 am, Nadim Attari said:
> "Richard Davey" a écrit dans le message
>> disjointed nature of the content isn't the authors fault, it's just
>> the way they are edited at the moment. Regular columns (such as
>> Security Corner in php|a or Guru Speak in php-mag) are helping to
>> address this, but what you won't find in them are all the authors
>> working together to address a specific topic. For example in most
>> development magazines I read they'll often have a theme for the issue,
>> i.e. security, and then the articles will be centered around that
>> theme from differing levels of complexity and scope. I am sure the
>> current crop of PHP magazines will migrate towards something more
>> coherent in structure as time goes on (and their circulations
>> increase), rather than feeling like a grab-bag of non-specific PHP
>> goodies as they do today.

I actually PREFER the disjointed nature, myself.

One issue is that if your Editor decides to focus on XYZ, then really good
timely articles may get bumped back, or even permanently ignored, because
they never quite fit in to any given theme...

With the current grab-bag, I feel like I'm getting whatever somebody finds
intersting right now, which I happen to like in a magazine.

If I wanted a more structured themed topical approach, I'd go looking for
a book or Google for that topic and survey what's "out there"

I could easily be the lone wolf on this one...

Well, nothing new to me on that score :-)

--
Like Music?
http://l-i-e.com/artists.htm