Re: reading PDF's

Richard Lynch wrote:
On Fri, June 24, 2005 12:10 pm, Jon said:

Is it possible to read text from a PDF file with PHP? How?

There may be a free one, or even an OpenSource one, but I've never heard
of it, possibly because they'd have to pay a license to Adobe (Macromedia
this week?) to be legal...

Free (as in beer):
http://sourceforge.net/projects/pdfcreator/

It's built on top of Ghostscript... which AFAIK does most of the heavy lifting. Several licensing options too.

You don't want to get to launch and find out 90% of the real PDFs simply
don't work. :-(

I've been using it for about 3 months with very few problems. In fact, I can't think of any problems that I've had with the library (but I don't use it with PHP... I just know that bindings are there for you to go do it yourself).

--
NEW? | http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html
STFA | http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=php-general&w=2