Re: Upload and Read pdf file

On Thu, June 30, 2005 8:53 pm, Bagus Nugroho said:
> is possible to upload pdf file into MySQL database, then read in web
> browser using php?
> And how?

Yes, but...

Yes, it's possible.  You'd do it just like the people do images in MySQL.

But, it's probably *WAY* better to just store the PDF in a non web
directory somewhere, and put the PATH in your database.

Then you can just use http://php.net/readfile to spew it out.

Actually, you'll want to do some URL munging so browsers (IE) can't screw
up and insist it's not a PDF just because the URL doesn't *look* like what
they expect a PDF URL to look like.

You can find my posts in the archives about PATHINFO, or an FDF article in
php architect I wrote that covers this (and more) or...

--
Like Music?
http://l-i-e.com/artists.htm