PHP Reports False/Inconsistent Errors.

Sometimes when we make a change to php scripts we begin to recieve error messages that have nothing to do with what we changed. You hit refresh, then possibly it is a totally different error. Then refresh again and possibly the error goes away. You keep browsing
and then the error comes back.

The only way to kill these inconsistent errors is to restart the apache server.

This seems to be sparked mainly but the uploading of a changed script. It might not related,
but we mainly see this on sites using a large numbers of library files.

The errors while inconsistent are often totally incorrect.

For example it will say the it could not load a file (library/some_library_file.pp) where it makes sense it cannot load the file becuase it is not there, but what does not make sense is that there is no reference to a file library/some_library_file.pp but rather the require is to library/some_library_file.php? And of course when you restart the apache server, the errors
go away.

Has anybody run in to something like this?

Does it have something to do with PHP's memory? Apache's?

Thank you in advance for your help.

-Shawn