Re: Re: date problem

Isn't DATEDIFF() a MySQL 4.x function? The server I'm using has 3.x and I can't upgrade...

----- Original Message ----- From: "Jasper Bryant-Greene" <jasper@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <php-general@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, June 29, 2005 7:49 AM
Subject: Re:  Re: date problem

Mario netMines wrote:
Hi Jasper and thanks for the quick reply.

something tells me it's not a straightforward SQL query that I have to
use here but a logic using PHP and SQL.

Please don't top-post.

It can be done in SQL quite easily, as can many things people use PHP
for. Go to the MySQL manual at http://dev.mysql.com/ and read up on
Date/Time functions, specifically the DATEDIFF() function. IIRC, it
returns the difference between two dates.

You can perform many types of arithmetic on the return value of the
function which should help to get the result you want. Try the MySQL
mailing lists if you can't figure it out, or if you're completely stuck
and are *convinced* it's a PHP problem (which I doubt, but I could be
wrong) then by all means come back!

Cheers

Jasper