Re: Email screwing my swedish characters

Hello,

on 06/27/2005 11:44 PM Ryan A said the following:
> Having a bit of a problem, I've just completed a project for a Swedish
> company,
> when someone joins the site they get a welcome letter, but unfortunatly in
> the welcome letter
> the Swedish characters ÖÅÄ and öåä are getting replaced with a "?" (without
> quotes)
>
> Any idea whats wrong and how I can make it good?

You cannot send messages with 8 bit characters. To send your message you need to encode the body using quoted-printable encoding.

You may want to take a look at this class for composing and sending messages that can encode the message properly for you . It comes with an example that sends messages with letters with accents.

http://www.phpclasses.org/mimemessage

--

Regards,
Manuel Lemos