Re: Trouble using ncurses_new_panel on PHP 4.3.11

Mike Bowie wrote:
Hello all,

I'm stumbling along with the ncurses implementation under 4.3.11 on FreeBSD. I've had some success with windows and borders etc based on some Googling(tm) and RTFM... but am having trouble getting ncurses_new_panel to do anything worthy of note.

From what I understand, the following should draw a shadowed panel, but it doesn't seem to. If anyone know what I'm missing here, I'd sure appreciate some input!

<?php
# *** Initialize interface
$nc_session = ncurses_init();
# *** Setup colors and use console defaults
ncurses_start_color();
ncurses_use_default_colors();
# *** Hide the cursor, turn off character echo and turn on input buffering
ncurses_curs_set(0);
ncurses_noecho();
ncurses_cbreak();

# *** Fetch the window boundaries draw the main parent
$nc_window = ncurses_newwin(10, 10, 10, 10);
$nc_panel = ncurses_new_panel($nc_window);

# *** Call just about every redraw function we can find!
ncurses_update_panels();
ncurses_top_panel($nc_panel);
ncurses_doupdate();
ncurses_refresh();
exit;
?>

FYI, the last little block of updates / refreshes etc have been tested in different combinations etc, without success... I may not have hit the right one, but I've given it a pretty good try!

TIA,

Mike.

Never mind... this was my own misunderstanding.

I was under the impression that panels handled their own borders and shadows etc... which is apparently not the case.

Cheers,

Mike.