Re: Re: Extra (persistant) tier

david forums wrote:

To make persistant object with php use serialize

and include the object into session.

it's the only way with php

tell it to Mr. Rethans:

http://talks.php.net/show/srm-ffm2004

and also read here to get a better understanding of the possibilities/
limitations:

http://php.net/manual/en/ref.sem.php

Catalin has a point in that its likely that any persistence layer you
manage to add that is not native C will probably be lacking the required
performance.

Have you tried running the code on a Quad-CPU box with 12Gigs of RAM
and 15K drives? that may sound sarcastic but its not meant to be - hardware
is very cheap compared manhours (i.e. your development time) from a business
perspective (regardless of that fact that its seems to take forever to earn enough money
to buy a new laptop ;-/ )

regards

david