Re: Checking requested range

Neil Doody wrote:
Marek Kilimajer wrote:

Try http://pear.php.net/package/HTTP_Download

Cheers for that, I think I just found a reasonable method to do a short term fix, though I might totally redesign my download application to support resumable download agents. I looked on the HTTP 1.1 protocol and found the request headers used when requesting parts of a file is "Range:".

For now I put this at the top of my script :-

$headers = apache_request_headers();
foreach ($headers as $header => $value) {
  if (stristr($header, "range") != FALSE) { die; }

you might want to check for "Range:" (case-sensitive)
or "range:" (insensitive) instead...

"GET HTTP1.1 /rangerover.html"

but it may be a moot point.

}

Using the apache_request_headers to check for the range request and die if it recieves it, does it look reasonable to you?

possibly send out an appropriate header before you die()?
(that sounds weird :-)

e.g.

header("Status: 501 Not Implemented");

or

header("Status: 406 Not Acceptable");

I'm not sure which would be more correct, and you may need
to output additional headers to complement these.

more details: