Re: PHP autogenerating Website Templates

Maybe off topic:

I would not agree totally with that link because this really doesn't make a sense:

"...
Before asking a technical question by email, or in a newsgroup, or on a website chat board, do the following:

1. Try to find an answer by searching the Web.

2. Try to find an answer by reading the manual.

3. Try to find an answer by reading a FAQ.

4. Try to find an answer by inspection or experimentation.

5. Try to find an answer by asking a skilled friend.

6. If you are a programmer, try to find an answer by reading the source code.

..."

Because, if you REALLY spend hours and days going steps 1 through 6 - why do we have a forum? If you (with "you", I am not talking about John or anybody else :)) even ask "stupid" question, some "directions" could help and save a time. If you had a question, at school age, about something, did you study all your books, checked library, talk to "skilled" friends or just asked teacher? If my kid ask me about math, do I have to tell him: "Go, check your book first, Google, RTFM..." For me is much more "effective" ask wife where my keys are then look for an hour and then ask wife even I know she knows.

I am new in PHP and got so many times "RTFM" answers and didn't find them helpful at all. From “skilled” friends, if they were there at the moment, I’ll get an answer immediately. Here, sometimes I’m scared to ask because of RTFM…

Thanks for reading.

-afan

John Nichel wrote:

The Doctor wrote:

Question: Is there a package that can autogenerate a Web Site
using templates based on BSD/Apache/Mysql/PHP ??

IT would be nice to know.

Poster, meet Google. Google, poster. I hope you two will have many happy years together.