Re: Newbie Setup...

Chase,

If you're looking for an uber easy setup you might try phptriad which has PHP, MySQL and Apache all in one installer. I'm not sure what versions jwynia has put into the package, but I'm assuming that you're not using the latest and greatest of anything anyway since most hosts seem to lag behind in upgrading PHP and the like. Anyway, this will get you started: http://sourceforge.net/projects/phptriad

Good Luck!
-Joe W.

Chase wrote:

Hi there!
I have been stumbling my way through PHP for a while now and I have finally decided that I need to set up my development machine with a local testing / debugging setup so that I can stop uploading all of my blunders to my public site to test... I am running XP Pro SP2 with IIS installed and running... Where do I need to go from here? I have downloaded the latest PHP Windows Binary but I don't know if I should install it first, or if I should try to find MySQL to install first... Any help on setting up this monster would be helpful!!!

TIA!

Chase