Re: PHP ImageCreateFrom.. malfunctioning in last PHP releases...

On Sun, June 12, 2005 7:37 pm, M said:
> I use ImageCreateFromString PHP functions to resize (thumbnails and so)
> dynamically my JPG images.
>
> I use third party WEB hosting provider , so I have no control about new
> releases and updates of server softwares.
>
> I have not changed my images in last 3 years (they are used for virtual
> stores), they appeared beautiful in these 3 years, but from some days
> ago, they are appearing with terrible filter colors (all blue for
> instance, some entirely black and so). When bypassing image PHP
> functions, images again appear beautiful in my page, but site
> performance to show product catalogs gets terrible, not to say
> impossible for customers browse on it.
>
> I wrote web provider to check what changed in their PHP environment, but
> I am afraid they will answer none has changed.
>
> I use the following sequence of commands to rebuild thumb images:
>
> $orimage = ImageCreateFromString(string)         to get original image
> from opened JPG file
> $thumb =  ImageCreate(new-width, new-height) to create empty new
> thumbnail

Make this one be ImageCreateTrueColor()
http://php.net/imagecreatetruecolor

> ImageCopyResized($thumb,$origame,....)  to fill thumbnail
> ImageJpeg($thumb)  to show thumbnail
>
> I checked by increasing 'quality' parameter  ImageJpeg($thumb,'',100)
> but result continue to be wrong.
>
> Is anobody else experiencing these problems lately?, how did you solve
> it?

I believe something changed in the GD library where lo-res internal images
were not promoted to hi-res or something like that...

--
Like Music?
http://l-i-e.com/artists.htm