PHP ImageCreateFrom.. malfunctioning in last PHP releases...

Hello people,

I use ImageCreateFromString PHP functions to resize (thumbnails and so)
dynamically my JPG images.

I use third party WEB hosting provider , so I have no control about new
releases and updates of server softwares.

I have not changed my images in last 3 years (they are used for virtual
stores), they appeared beautiful in these 3 years, but from some days
ago, they are appearing with terrible filter colors (all blue for
instance, some entirely black and so). When bypassing image PHP
functions, images again appear beautiful in my page, but site
performance to show product catalogs gets terrible, not to say
impossible for customers browse on it.

I wrote web provider to check what changed in their PHP environment, but
I am afraid they will answer none has changed.

I use the following sequence of commands to rebuild thumb images:

$orimage = ImageCreateFromString(string)         to get original image
from opened JPG file
$thumb =  ImageCreate(new-width, new-height) to create empty new
thumbnail
ImageCopyResized($thumb,$origame,....)  to fill thumbnail
ImageJpeg($thumb)  to show thumbnail

I checked by increasing 'quality' parameter  ImageJpeg($thumb,'',100)
but result continue to be wrong.

Is anobody else experiencing these problems lately?, how did you solve
it?

Thanks very much

(I would appreciate cc to meu@xxxxxxxxxx if possible)

Mig