RE: Frames or iframes? (Basically "The devil or deap sea" or "A rock and a hard place" etc) - - - -> (0T)

> Since its a forum and she is not doing any advertising its important the
> search engines index the site
> properly or shes going to have a big forum with no visitors.
> Then I read that the search engines dont like frames much....so I was
> thinking of using iframes and
> then I read about the "evils" of iframes...so I thought I'll ask you guys
> for your opinions/suggestions
> as I'm dead outa ideas and a bit confused...any alternate ideas too would
> be
> appreciated.

As a compromise solution, you could greet visitors to the forum with a
welcoming 'splash' page that displays your flash animation etc (please,
please put a 'skip intro' link for the sake of repeat visitors) and then
pass to your forum page(s). You could even put a static jpg at the top of
the forum of the final image (ie once all that funky animation has played
out) of your flash file, if you want to carry it over for a consistent look
/ feel.

Regards,

Murray