Frames or iframes? (Basically "The devil or deap sea" or "A rock and a hard place" etc) - - - -> (0T)

Hey,
The end of the world is at hand....
how do I know this? coz my mom wants her own site!
My mom; the person who hated computers coz "those 'things' are too damn
complicated"!

Anyway, thought I'll do it for her to kind of repay a bit of carrying me for
whole 9 months,
and tough delivery etc etc..dont know if its true coz I cant remember, but
am taking her word
for it...
She wanted a small site with a forum on it, no problem there...I made it for
her using one of the
free forums that members of this list suggested (thanks!) and now she has
around 35 members
so she wants a design to go with it instead of just going directly to the
forum.
Yesterday was her B'day so am doing it now :-p

I had a real good flash header which she too liked, so I modified the header
and she really liked it,
problem is, its around 230kb to load, so I thought I'll put it in a frame
(top frame -> header,
bottom frame-> content and forum) so the flash part won't reload on each
page request.

Since its a forum and she is not doing any advertising its important the
search engines index the site
properly or shes going to have a big forum with no visitors.
Then I read that the search engines dont like frames much....so I was
thinking of using iframes and
then I read about the "evils" of iframes...so I thought I'll ask you guys
for your opinions/suggestions
as I'm dead outa ideas and a bit confused...any alternate ideas too would be
appreciated.

Thanks and have a great weekend.

Cheers,
Ryan