Re: Exporting to MS Word or Excel

On 6/3/05, tg-php@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <tg-php@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> To export it exactly as displayed (like when you print to a virtual printer to generate a PDF) might be tricky, but you can definitely create Excel and I believe Word files without even having Excel or Word installed.   If you DO have Excel or Word installed on your server, then you can always use a COM connection to handle this.
He's using LAMP, in which case the 'L' stands for Linux. Therefore he
can't have Word or Excel installed, nor can he use OLE or COM.

You might be able to rig up something with Uno/OOo(and if you do I'd
like to see your code), but I've absolutely no experience with Uno,
and very little with OOo.

Alternatively if  you can find a way to create RTF's, you can AFAIK
pass them off as word docs, by passing the correct header. you can
IIRC do something similar by creating csv's and passing an Excel
Header file.