Re: Exporting to MS Word or Excel

To export it exactly as displayed (like when you print to a virtual printer to generate a PDF) might be tricky, but you can definitely create Excel and I believe Word files without even having Excel or Word installed.   If you DO have Excel or Word installed on your server, then you can always use a COM connection to handle this.

First, maybe check out the Excel Writer PEAR package.  Here's a link to a post I made about it a while ago with instructions on how to install it:

http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=php-general&m=111409575703230&w=2

Excel Writer uses another PEAR package called OLE which is used to generate older format MS Office files in general.  Both can be found at http://pear.php.net

Also, try searching the archives, I know this question has been asked many times (even recently) and I'm sure you'll find some good stuff in there.

PHP-General archives:

PHP-Windows archives:
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=php-windows

PHP-Databases archives (never know eh?):
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=php-db

And of course, the links to all these can be found on the PHP mailing lists page:

Good luck!

-TG