Re: dynamic drop down

On Tue, May 31, 2005 8:48 pm, Danny Brow said:
> Could someone point me to an example with code for dynamic drop downs in
> PHP? I would like to be able to have drop downs like "Select Country"
> and another drop down show the states/provinces based on the selected
> country.

Well, the "dynamic" part of it isn't gonna be in PHP at all ; It's gonna
be JavaScript.

I *do* use PHP in a cron job to routinely check the ISO (IEEE?) standard
for country codes and names and re-build my list of countries from their
list, so that when/if a country has a civil war or whatever I have a
CURRENT list.

I suppose one could/should do the same with states and provinces, though
those seem less likely to change, actually.

You can Google for "JavaScript dynamic menus" to find what you want.  Then
you just need to use PHP to spew out the JavaScript you want to spew out,
but that's no different than spewing out the HTML you want to spew out,
really.

--
Like Music?
http://l-i-e.com/artists.htm